Saturday, October 07, 2006

The Departed / Infernal Affairs

Big cast, big director, a good story taking from a good movie ( Infernal Affairs ), so was this a good movie? Was it as good as the first movie Infernal Affairs? I would say yes.

Infernal Affairs, with Andy Lau Tony Leung Chiu-Wai and Driected by Wai Keung Lau.

A friend told me to watch this movie, he said I would love it, however took me a long time to take the time to see it but when I did, I loved it. I loved the concept, of the story, and all the crap that the characters had to go through. I was a story that I have not seen before, and it felt fresh and new. When watching it, I found myself stopping and pausing to read all the subtitles, and take it all in. If you do see this film, do not watch a dubbed version.
I did find some things hard to understand, but don't let that turn you off, this is a vary good film and a well told story

8/10. I really nice surprise, a fresh new story that I have not seen before

Now For the movie The Departed with Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Jack Nicholson, Martin Sheen, Mark Wahlberg, Alec Baldwin and Anthony Anderson, Directed by Martin Scorsese. With all this star power behind this film, how could it go wrong, and it did not go wrong, it was a really good movie, long but good. But why remake a movie that was good in the first place? I don't know, however I enjoyed both. However there were some thing that were changed or added to the story that was not need, and took away from the original story. There was a love story that was put in, that was not need and did not fit. Also some of the scenes were not necessary, but did not take away from the movie as a whole.

Some of really good things about this movie; the Mark Wahlberg character, for me he was the best part of this film. also I like the ending of this film a little better then in the original one.

7.5/10. In the end I like and appreciated, Infernal Affairs just a little better, but this film was very well made.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Anthony, left a message at your MSN spot. Sorry, forgot about this one! lol

Anonymous said...

Oh almost forgot. I'm at http://albertkline.wordpress.com