Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Mission Impossible III

This Summer, I did not rush out to see a movie each weekend, however I did go and see the big ones. Well the first one for me was, Mission impossible III, and you might think that I’m crazy for this but I when and saw this movie on my vacation when I was in Vancouver, (it was fun, to go out to a movie out side of Toronto)
I really did not have plans to see this movie, at that time, however with all the good reviews for it, and all the bad reviews for the The Da Vinci Code, we went to go see this one

Ok, this movie was blah. What do I mean by that? Well, it just did not do anything for me, and I don’t think it was worth my time and money to go and see it in a theater. I would say that it’s an ok rental, but that is all. But what really pissed me off about this movie, was not anything in the movie, but the things that the critics were saying about it.
Some things people were saying about it :

The perfect summer movie -- fast-paced, action-packed, emotionally engaging (without demanding too much investment), and pure, unadulterated eye candy. Whattya want for 10 bucks?
Full Review

For all of the movie's professional craft and lovely vertigo, the experience is like eating popcorn in a guillotine.

Ok I, must be completely off in left field, but I did not enjoy this movie at all, I felt like I was watching a movie from the 80’s, or early 90’s. It was the same old formal, good guy, and girlfriend having a good time, just being good people; bad guy does something bad, and kidnaps girlfriend; good guy goes underground to get bad guy, and save the girl; blah blah blah…… I’m so boarded. Maybe I watch too many movies, and I have become too cenacle; and you may love this movie, with all of its predictable twists and turns, its super human stunts, and all of its special effects. So I would not try to stop people from seeing it, it looks like a lot of people had a good time with it, but I did not.
5/10 nothing new here.

No comments: