Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Silent Hill

I really did not want to see this movie, I mean I really really did not want to see this movie, however my brother told Dan that it was a good movie, so we rented it. I don't like movies with spooky kids, I find the plot device tired, and this movie was all about the spooky kid. That was one thing, the other item that was tired, was all the running around, finding nothing, and being chased by things that had no purpose other than to chase you around. This went on for over 1 hour of the movie, before any real story was told, but to my surprise I found myself interested in the story. Also I understood what happened at that end of the movie, and I liked that part. (If you do see this movie and don't understand what happened just ask and I will tell you what I think). The One thing I would say is that having a Christian background, helps you understand it better.

5.5/10 It takes way to long to get to the interesting stuff, however I like the fact, that they don't spoon feed you what happened, or what is going on. to to

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for your well written comment, on my blog, one day I would like to be-able to express myself like yourself.

First thing, how did that mother and her daughter find them self in purgatory (that is were I think they found themselves). My brother thinks that they did not die from the car crash, but die from the ash, and gas, after being knocked out.

I also feel that they were trying to make a point about blind faith, and how it can lead people down the wrong path. The problem with that message is that, they did not contrast it with people that know the Bible, and really live it. However they can’t portray those people because, they are in purgatory, and good people would/should be in heaven.

Now for the ending, I liked the ending; however I do understand the problem you have with it. They should have pointed out, that they will need to spend some time in limbo, before moving on to heaven. I do not know if they were trying to be true to the video game, and that is why it ended the why it did, it was made for a young audience, a audience that plays the video game.