Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Years Eve, Movies reviews

New Years Eve Movies reviews This is just a list of movie that I have seen this year, but I did not blog about, for any number of reasons. This will be short and fast for each movie, and I hope I can remember them all.

This movie was about author Truman Capote played by Philip Seymour Hoffman, and the process he went though to write the book In Cold Blood. This was a vary well acted movie, and you can see that there was a lot of good work put into this film. However this film was boring and I don’t think that the story was well told. The acting was some of the best out there, but in the end I did not care. If you have read the book, in cold Blood, and loved it, this would be a good movie to watch, but I could not recommend this film for some one like me. This film was nominated for Best Picture; I can not understand this, it was that good.
5.5/10 Good Acting, but boring

I just saw this film, with some friend’s downtown, and it has been sometime since I have seen a movie downtown, or even taken a subway. Also this was the first time in a long time that I have had to sit in the corner of the theatre (it was a full house). Anyways, the movie how was it? Well I enjoyed it a lot; the end of the movie I found vary hard to watch, but that was because it was so well filmed. This movie felt so real and raw, I found myself questioning how they did a lot of the scenes. They do not give you a lot of back story; you have to look for the back story from other charters and thinks going on in the background.
7.5/10 You should go and see this movie

What can I say about this movie, well, it was stupid, dumb, a waist of time; the acting was so bad it was painful to watch. I really really hated this movie. Matthew Broderick was so bad in it, I can’t even describe it. It was long, and the more it went on, the more the anger built up inside me. This I would say was one of the worst movies I have ever seen in my life.
1/10 Crap Crap Crap. The 1 is for Nathan Lane, he was ok.

A nice simple movie about a very liberal family, were one of the sons wants to marry someone that is a bit uptight. There not much I can say about this one, it was advertised as a comedy, but it was not a comedy in my option. You can skip this one if you want, you wont be missing anything. It was not bad, but not a must see. Just life, I guess. One side note: there was a side story that should have been the main story.

5/10 it was ok

A good kids movie, that was simple and predicable. I did not think I would like this movie, however it was so well made, I found myself smiling by the end if it.

7/10 good one



I was looking forward to this one, and I really wanted to love it too, and based on the first two films, I thought that it would not fail, But it did. Ok, so what was wrong it? First of all,

1) Halle Berry was the wrong person to play Storm.
2) They should not do the Phoenix story if they don’t have Cyclops character.
3) The story could have focus on the Rogue character, but she did not have much of a part.

There were some good things about the movie, like Kelsey Grammer as Beast, it was a nice surprise
6/10 missed out on so much potential

Hmm… I did not think much of this one before it came out, and after it came out, and I saw it lived up to my expatiation. They tried to be like the first Superman movie, and that as both good and bad. The start of the movie was good, and they stuck with the look and feel of the it, with the score, and flying though space. Now this is were I think they should have left the 70s movie behind, and started something new, however, the only thing or person that they changed was Lois Lane, and not for better. I found that she was not a strong character (a she should be). Lex Luthor was the same as the first movie, and Kevin Spacey played him really good, but I felt that he was too much of a joke. Superman, played by Brandon Routh, was really good too, however, I find that this superman dose not really work today. The Superman in the cartoons and comic books is a much better Superman, and they should have tried to work with that character. Oh well They will just have to try again.
6/10 I think it was a failed attempt

Now this was a nice surprise; this was just a well told story that did not feel it, but it was over 2h long. If you have the time you should try and see this one. There were some problems with some parts of the story, but it did not mater, it was complex, but simple too, and it all comes together in the end. Well acted, and well filmed.
7/10 Good solid movie

No comments: