Tuesday, May 01, 2007

I don’t know what to Say

One day we were driving home and decided to take another route home; just so that we could take a look at some of the other houses in our neighborhood. Wile wishing that we were living on the “other side of the tracks” we came across this home, and had to take a picture.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Ok, my first reaction was… “What the hell is that, and what did they do to their place?!” Why would anyone paint characters on their garage door? However later found out that the characters are the Official Mascots of the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games, so I thought to myself; “That is ok, I think I would do something Canadian, if Toronto got the Olympic Games, or something as big was going on in Canada.


Yet again, a friend of mine said to me that he would be offended if this was done in his neighborhood. He said that we are in Canada, and that we should be backing our own Olympic team, and country, and he feels that this is a slap in the face to him.
Hmm… should I be offended? I don’t know. I might do something to say that my family is from Grenada, if something big was going on in there.

I guess the initial shock of seeing it turned me off, but now that I know what it is, I’m not turned off by it; it’s kind of cute, and funny. However in the fall of 2008 after the Games, if they were my neighbors, I would want it to come down.

 

No comments: