Friday, March 23, 2007

Idol

OK, I now know why Bush won his second term in office, ok, I’m being a little tongue and cheek, but if you saw last night’s American Idol you will know where I’m coming from. Yes I’m one of those people that watch American Idol, I love to see the bad signers with the good, and there is always something to complain about. Well this year it is Sanjaya, and how he should not be there. And now Simon said that he will quit the show if Sanjaya wins. Well Simon you were one of 3 people that let him though, so stop crying. But he is one of the poorest signers to make it through to the final 12.

Well, watching Idle got me thinking about all the good singers out there, and so I began to try and find some of their best performance, on YouTube. Then it hit me; Super Bowl; American Anthem. When that song is sung well, it can send chills up your spine (Don't get me wrong, I still love our Canadian Anthem, however, it's a big deal to perform the US one, so they go all out). Tell me who you think is the best:



Whitney Houston - Star Spangled Banner(I love this one)


Dixie Chicks National anthem (this one was so good)

Beyonce superbowl 2004 (this one good, I think too)

Marvin Gaye sings American National Anthem

Destines Child National Anthem

Kelly Clakrson - American Anthem

Clay Aiken - Star Spangled Banner - National Anthem

Kellie Pickler sings the National Anthem

Elliott Yamin - National Anthem NBA Finals Game 2

Ayla Brown - American Idol sings National Anthem

And the best for last Rosanne Barr Star Spangled Banner

If you find others; others that you think are better tell me, I want to see them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Clay Aiken's version. He could've sung it backwards and it'd still sound terrific.