Thursday, March 01, 2007

Toronto Snow Storm 2007

OMG, what a day, things were going so well too. Well not that well, but good enough. The morning went by (still working on a programming problem but hope to get it fixed soon), then at 1pm I went to the gym with some co-workers for a quick workout, and got back just in time for the snow storm to hit. I was not thinking to much about the weather, not yet anyway's, however people in the office were all gathering around the windows. Then Dan called me, tell me I should head home, and right after that my mother called saying the same thing. Then the Office sent out an email saying that we should all leave, the weather was looking really bad. Now I did not want to go, I wanted to play volleyball tonight, but I decided to heed people’s warnings and head out. 

Well I was so wrong; I should have stayed at work. I left around 3:30pm and thought I would get home around 4:45pm. On a good day it takes me about 20 to 30 minutes to get home, and on a bad day, 45 minutes. Well today it took me 3 hours! Yes 3 hours, and to top it all off, Toronto has been hit with worse weather.

My foot was starting to hurt; I needed to go to the bathroom, and traffic was not getting any better. I was thinking that I should get off the road, find a washroom, and get something to eat, but I stayed on the road (stupid move). Well I was going to pull into a gas station just to top off the tank, and find a washroom, but the gas prices are at 99.3¢/L that like $3.15/G

Well I did make it home without an accident, and Dan did the driveway for me, which was nice of him, but I missed my volleyball game. I should have stayed at work, oh well.

No comments: