Monday, February 05, 2007

Weekend Stuff, To Vista or not to Vista?

Well I lost all my money at poker this weekend, crap! Oh well it was fun, and it was really good to see Rod again, it's been a number of years now. We are going to try and have a poker night once a month from this point on.

Final Destination 3

Saw the movie Final Destination 3, and it did what it set out to do, nothing more, so if you like the first two, then you will like this one. otherwise, don't go and see this one. All your going to see in this movie is gross ways for people to die buy strange accidence's. the plot is lame and the dialogue is bad, however it has a chezz quality that did not offend.
4/10 blah smile_thinking

I did not do too much this weekend, we got Frodo cut, and watched lots of TV; Oh ya, I installed a trail version of vista, on my computer. For some reason, I really would like to get Vista Ultimate, however I do not want to spend a lot of money on it. A friend downloaded it from the internet, and said that I can install it, just don't enter in a S/N number when it asks for it, then you can use it for 30 days, and see if you want it or not, and also see if it's worth it. So I, backed up my computer and partitioned my hard drive (using Partition Magic ) and installed Vista, on the new partition. Well what do I think of vista? Well it is way too much money, I'm not going to pay over $500 for a new OS, not even $260 for Vista Basic. I did was a clean install of Vista Ultimate, and it worked with no problems at all, and it found new drivers for my Dell XPS; I find the interface fast and responsive, and I really like the look of it. What I don't like is all the popups asking me if I want to run the program, that I just doubled clicked on to run! I know it there for security, it's just annoying, that's all.

Now yes, they did "copy" some UI touches from the Apple OS, but I Like that they have done that, the Apple UI is amazing, and I would love to see that UI on a computer that I can play games on. 

The problem is, I can only afford Vista Home Premium Upgrade, for $169.00 but I want Vista Ultimate, for $499.00 . So if I do get the Premium upgrade, I will have to see if I can still do the same stuff that I now do on XP. I have found out that IIS is not installed by default in Home Premium, but I just have to add it in after. I will also need the Remote Desktop client, witch it does have, so far so good. What do you think should I wait or just go for it?

No comments: