Saturday, January 13, 2007

Le Cafe Michi, good sushi

Yesterday at work, girl_handsacrossamericahethos did not bring her lunch, and she wanted to head out for something to eat. I was just going to have my protein shake, (I was doing so well with them ), but I told her that I could go for Indian, or Japanese (I should not have said that smile_embaressed, and she jumped at the opening ). She said that she knows of a really good sushi place in Scarborough ( east part of Toronto ) called Le Cafe Michi, and it has a really good chirashi bowl. I had some doubts about that statement, I have not had a good chirashi bowl, since "Sushi House" (you will have to ask girl_handsacrossamericahethos about that place). So three of us from work went out to this place. The other co-worker that came with us, lived in Japan for a number of years, and speaks fluent Japanese. He has also said that he has not found a good Sushi restaurant in Toronto, since he has moved to Canada. I told him that Vancouver and Toronto, have the best sushi, outside of Japan, and girl_handsacrossamericahethos had told him about some good places he should try out, however he has not had the time to try them out yet. So this was the first time that he was going to try one of hethos suggestions.

Well all I can say is thank you girl_handsacrossamericahethos, the chirashi bowl was so good. If you like Japanese food you have to try this place. the only thing is that it was a little pricy; $28 for the chhirashi bowl, and the service for us was a bit slow (we got back after 2pm smile_embaressed). Also our other co-worker that was with us, said that it was so good too. We all ordered the same thing.

Le Cafe Michi

1802 Pharmacy Avenue
Scarborough, ON M1T 1H6
416-490-9688

 View map 

 

No comments: